Opening in late 2016, this secluded five-acre (two-hectare) oasis transcends the private island experience. “Entirely yours” from the moment of booking, the island’s seven bedrooms, Beach House, Dive Centre, Oceans of Consciousness Spa and 62-foot (18.9-metre) yacht extend the spoils of the Maldives’ only UNESCO Biosphere Reserve to up to 22 guests on an exclusive basis.
Truly capturing the imagination,
Many experiences – from year-round manta ray sightings to mind-expanding kids’ activities – focus on the surrounding UNESCO territory, guided by a team that has already spent a decade protecting it. Indeed,
Voavah days revolve around the double-storey Beach House and adjacent white sands, crystal waters and abundant reef – all exemplary even by Maldivian standards. The Beach House hub offers an open-air living room, dining room, kitchen, pool deck, gym, library and loft lounge, while seven bedrooms span three separate locations: on the beach, over the lagoon or elevated in panoramic Mezzanine Suites.
As are all aspects of
Expanding horizons, The Oceans of Consciousness Spa offers bespoke over-water spa therapies and rituals; yoga, meditation and pranayama classes; high-end beauty treatments; and Rossano Ferretti hair consultant on call.
In the mood for a party? On Voavah, there are no neighbours, no paparazzi and the possibilities are endless. Groups can create one-of-a-kind birthday surprises and celebrations, fly in big name acts or create their own mini music festival or beach party, all perfected with a sprinkling of Voavah magic.
The island is accessible via a 40-minute seaplane transfer from Malé International Airport, or a 20-minute speedboat ride from
The experience of
- Maui – Guests will soar by helicopter above towering waterfalls, rainforested peaks and a dormant volcano before touching down on Hana Ranch for a private tour and foraging expedition through the working ranch and organic farm. Guests will then enjoy a private lunch prepared by Four Seasons Executive Chef Craig Dryhurst and Hana Ranch’s Chef Jon Watson featuring ingredients freshly picked from the farm.
- San Diego – Armed with a waterproof camera and wetsuit, guests will capture the beauty of coastal California from sea to sky through an underwater photography expedition with Aaron Chang, considered by many to be the creator of modern surf and ocean photography. Following a morning of diving, guests will join Chang in a helicopter tour above the San Diego coastline to capture the perfect aerial shot of the breaking shore.
- Cairo at Nile Plaza – Guests will relive the 7,000-year history of Egypt and the Pharaonic Empire by enjoying a spectacular sound and light show of the Pyramids at night. Narration and light displays will bring the history and mystery of the Egyptian empire to life, recounting the legends of ancient Pharaohs and the majestic Sphinx. Set against the backdrop of the Great Pyramid, guests will then enjoy a private dinner under the stars while listening to the gorgeous strains of the private Cairo Symphony Orchestra.
- Cap-Ferrat – Guests will enjoy a private tour of Villa Santo Sospir, the legendary French Riviera estate that formerly belonged to socialite Francine Weisweiller and was once the favourite gathering place for celebrities, writers and artists such as Coco Chanel, Marlene Dietrich and Pablo Picasso. After exploring the Villa and taking in its many whimsical mosaics, murals and frescos, guests will enjoy a private dinner, prepared by Michelin-starred Chef Didier Aniès, overlooking the Mediterranean on the estate terrace.
- Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru – Guests will channel their inner Jacques Cousteau during a journey of discovery in the underwater world of manta rays and whale sharks. Led by some of the world’s leading experts on manta rays, guests will cruise the turquoise waters of the Baa Atoll UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, learning to spot the creatures in the water and helping to record essential environmental information and take identification photos. Taking their oceanic study to new depths, guests will then free-dive into the Indian Ocean to observe the manta rays and whale sharks in their natural habitat.
- Hangzhou - Guests will journey back in time on a traditional Chinese rowboat ride through one of Eastern China’s most lush and fabled lakes, taking in majestic mountains, ancient temples, traditional pagodas and graceful bridges while sipping premium Hangzhou tea and sampling local delicacies from
Four SeasonsHotel Hangzhou at West Lake.